Slice turned three today. Like most three year olds, we are now feeding ourselves and making lots of friends. All kidding aside, here’s what we’ve been up to since October 2015:
- We built a technology company in the cloud.
- We launched our on-demand Homeshare Insurance product across the US.
- We partnered with Progressive & we have a channel on their LifeLanes blog full of super helpful homeshare info.
- We expanded into the UK (with other offices in NY, Cleveland, Ottawa).
- We launched our rideshare beta.
- We launched our Insurance Cloud Services platform.
- We partnered with Legal & General to extend on-demand Homeshare Insurance to the UK.
- We partnered with AXAXL, formerly XLCatlin.
- We partnered with The Co-operators.
- We launched duuo in 3 months.
- We got more funding ($35.5M in total—from Seed to A).
- We developed a cyber insurance product for SMBs.
- We won the 2018 Celent Model Insurer Award, The 2018 Stevie’s International Business Tech Startup of the Year Award, the Insurance Post Top 100 InsurTech firms in 2018 (at #8), the Built in NYC Top 50 Startups to watch in 2018, the Insurance CIO Outlook Top 10 Startups in 2017, and the 2017 ITA Pro Bridge Award.
- We grew the team past 50 employees, hiring rock stars like Philippe Lafreniere, James Curran & Dawid Glawdzin from Google, Emily Kosick who also contributes to Forbes, and Lorelei Farrell who recently published this awesome blog on what on-demand insurance really means.
We’re not big on hype, but it’s good to stop and reflect every once in a while. We’re pretty proud of our accomplishments in the past three years. We look forward to more momentum and success as we reimagine insurance.